Last Updated January 2021
- Stymie notifications are supportive information. Stymie does not claim them to be irrefutable proof of incidents. Whilst we encourage true and accurate notifications, Stymie does not guarantee any information to be more than the anonymous notifier’s perspective of a given situation. We do not warrant or assume any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information.
- Any person who uses Stymie technology to make a notification must do so in a lawful manner. It is a criminal offence to use a carriage service to deliver content that is menacing, harassing or offensive. Refer to Criminal Code Act 1995 (Commonwealth), Section 474.17(1). Using Stymie technology to commit an offence, may result in other agencies being engaged to conduct further investigations.
- Stymie does not alter the notifications. The content of the notifications will not be filtered, altered or adjusted.
- Stymie does not hold, store, staticize or have access to the information in the notifications Your Organisation receives.
- Stymie will not knowingly use Your Organisation’s notification statistics in a way that would disaffect Your Organisation’s, employees or students’ interests. This may deter the people from using our system and therefore greatly disaffect their opportunity to support each other.
- Stymie will not on sell the information we receive, in fact we can’t. Stymie acts as an information ‘highway’ not a mailbox. The only information we hold about Your Organisation is for our administrative purposes. This allows Stymie to give you information we think may be of benefit to you such as industry news and our product updates or tutorials.
- If you see any external links on our Stymie website, please do not mistake these as an endorsement or recommendation from Stymie, we are aiming to increase awareness only.
- If you wish to terminate your membership with Stymie prior to the expiry date, we do not refund any monies paid.
- If you lose, delete or destroy Your Organisation’s notifications, Stymie does not provide backups. As Stymie can not receive, store or resend any notifications, it is Your Organisation’s sole responsibility to ensure the appropriate storage and backup as per Your Organisation’s IT processes and procedures.
- Stymie does not guarantee a minimum or maximum amount of notifications.